It takes some shaving work to have a good-looking beard. Shaving the beard with a razor can prove to be a nuisance too. When you wake up in the morning, you want to spend a few minutes getting ready and head off to work. Taking ages to shave a beard is not very desirable. Having the best electric shaver can help you avoid all that hassle. Electric shavers are designed to shave or trim the beard quick and efficiently. You can also use them to style the beard too. Modern electric shavers are also equipped with smart systems that offer amazing convenience. You might be wondering, what is the best electric razor?
There are many types of shavers in the market. Getting the best electric shaver 2018 may not be very straightforward. It is harder if you do not know the technical specifications of electric shavers. The shavers perform differently. Some may be great for you, are may not. There are not many electric shaver reviews available either. When you spend your money on an electric shaver, you want to get one that can live up to your expectations. Worry not! This is a review of different types of electric shavers. The review will highlight the features, pros, and cons of various electric shavers. The aim is to arm you with the know-how of what a good electric shaver is supposed to be. Tag along and let’s get you the best men’s electric shaver. First below is a comparison table of the various electric shavers featured.
Best Electric Shavers 2018
1) Panasonic Arc 5 Electric Shaver
Panasonic is an electrical appliance manufacturing giant. The Panasonic Arc 5 is one of their best electric shavers. The cordless shaver can work on both wet or dry hair. It has a five-blade shaving system. It also comes with precision-honed 30 degrees blades that deliver outstanding closeness to the skin for a smooth shave. This is a great electric razor for men.
- The shave delivers 14 000 cuts per minute
- It has multi-flex pivoting
- It is equipped with a pop-up trimmer
- It has a 10-stage LCD
- It has 1-hour charging time.
- The shaver has sensor technology
- The electric shaver is cordless hence very convenient.
- The shaver features automatic adjustment with the help of the sensor technology
- The multi-flex pivoting ensures a smooth glide over your skin
- The pop-up trimmer works great in trimming beard edges and styling.
- The Shaver lacks power. You may have to go over some areas multiple times.
- The shaver may cause irritation if you shave with too much pressure on it.
The Panasonic Arc 5 is a modernized electric shaver. It senses dense beard and adjusts the shaves to ensure a close and levelled shave. The electric shaver is convenient and easy to use. It could use a bit more powerful motor though. It may not be the best option if you have to shave very dense beards. It works just amazing within its limits though. This is arguably the best electric shaver for men. This is the best electric shaver for thick beard.
2) Braun Series 7 Electric Shaver
Braun is yet another renowned brand of electrical shavers. The Braun Series 7 is a top of the range electric shaver. It has a smart system that reads and adapts to your beard to deliver a well-balanced and smooth shave. The shave comes with 4 synchronized shaving elements that deliver a clean shave in one stroke. It also features the innovative sonic technology that helps to capture the hard to capture hairs.
- The Shaver up 10,000 micro-vibrations
- It has the Active lift features that capture flat-lying hairs
- It has an intelligent auto-sensing system
- It has 4 synchronized shaving elements
- The shaver has a very powerful motor. The power is adjustable too.
- The active lift feature conveniently lifts low lying hairs so that they can be trimmed.
- The auto-sensing feature helps the shaver to adjust to the density of the beard
- The shaver is easy to operate. It has a single push button for the basic operations.
- The shaver is corded. Your maneuverability with it may be limited.
The Braun Series 7 electric shave seems like a powerful and efficient shaver. It does not seem to disappoint in any aspect. This is the kind of electric shave you need if you desire a quick fix every morning. It delivers a smooth, close shave with every swipe. It should not miss in your list of options. This could easily be the best electric razor for men. This is the best electric shaver for razor bumps.
3) Panasonic ES-LA63-S Electric Shaver
The Panasonic ES-LA63-S electric shaver is yet another great masterpiece from the Panasonic brand. The shaver features 4 precision-honed 30 degrees ultra-sharp nanotech blades. It also comes with dual motors. The shaver delivers an impressive 14000 cuts per minute.
- The shaver has multi-flex pivoting
- It has the pop-up trimmer
- It has a 10-stage LCD
- It has 1-hour charge time.
- The has ample power. The dual motors deliver good power.
- The pop-up trimmer is great for styling beards
- The shaver has long battery life. It can go through 14 3-minute shaves on a single charge
- The shaver can handle both wet and dry hair.
- The shaver has very sharp nanotech blades. These ensure a clean shave with each swipe.
- This electric shaver is a bit too noisy. The motors have a loud humming noise.
The Panasonic ES-LA63-S is a great electric shaver. It has more power than the Arc 5 above, though it has fewer blades. All the features point at a very reliable electric shaver. It is easy and convenient to use, and it delivers a very smooth shave. More power means you don’t have to keep sliding it over one spot, hence fewer chances of irritation. This is one of the best electric razors for men.
4) Panasonic ES-LT41-K ARC3 Electric Shaver
The Panasonic ES-LT41-K ARC3 comes with five precision-honed 30 degrees blades. the blades deliver 13000 cuts per minute. The shave is 100% waterproof and therefore easily washable. It has sonic vibrations which help it to pick up hair that is hard to reach. The shaver comes with a 5-stage LED display that helps monitor various settings.
- The shave has five blades
- It is 100% waterproof
- It has pop-up trimmers
- It comes with a 5-stage LED display
- It has 1-hour charge time
- The pop-trimmers make beard styling easy
- The shaver is easily washable
- It has nanotech blades that deliver smooth shaves
- The shaver is easy to operate.
- The shaver lacks power. You might have to apply more pressure which increases the chances of developing irritation. It might also not handle dense beards very well.
The Panasonic ES-LT41-K ARC3 is a moderate performance electric shaver. If you do not develop dense beards, this shaver will work great for you. It can easily pick low lying hairs. It has numerous impressive features and will work great so long as it’s not pushed beyond its limits. Its price is favorable too. It is a great option if you are on a tight budget. This is the best electric shaver under 100.
5) Philips Norelco 3100 Electric Shaver
This review will not be complete if it lacks an electric shaver from Philips. Philips is yet another electronic gadget giant. The Philips Norelco 3100 is one of their most renowned electric shavers. It delivers a comfortable and easy shave. The shaver features a comfort cut blade system that ensures smooth shave with zero irritation.
- The shaver has 4-direction flex heads
- It has a lithium-ion battery
- It has rounded edges on the shaving element.
- It has one-touch button operation
- The shaver has a long battery life
- It delivers a levelled and close shave with minimal swipes
- It has an easy operation
- The shaver is skin protective. You can rest assured you won’t experience any irritation.
- The shaver lacks a beard trimmer. Trimming your beard edges with this shaver may prove a difficult task.
The Philips Norelco 3100 seems like a great option for your shaving requirements. You are assured of a nice and smooth shave with little effort. You will not get irritation too. Irritations after a shave can be very annoying an uncomfortable. The reviews on Amazon about the shaver are a further motivation to buy the shaver if they are anything to go by. This is one of the best shaving machines we have in the review. This is the best electric shaver for men with sensitive skin.
6) Panasonic Arc 4 Electric Shaver
The Panasonic Arc 4 Electric shaver is a powerful shaver designed to ensure the best shaving results. It is one of the best electric shavers from Panasonic. The shaver has ultra-sharp nanotech blades for a quick clean and comfortable shave. The shaver delivers an impressive 14000 cuts per minute. It works with the powerful Arc 4 motor.
- The shaver has flexible pivoting
- It has 4 blades
- It is equipped with a 5-stage LED display
- It has a pop-up trimmer
- It has a one-hour charge time
- The shave conforms gently and closely to your facial contours. This helps avoid irritation.
- The shaver is very powerful
- It can be used on both wet and dry hair
- The pop-up trimmer is great for beard trimming and styling.
- Though powerful the shaver can’t reach the low-lying hairs.
The Panasonic Arc 4 Electric shave seems like a great option. There are many positive reviews about it on Amazon too. It falls a bit short as far as picking low lying hairs is concerned. It has the great adaptability to your facial contours though. This may allow you to put a bit more pressure without worrying about getting irritation.
7) Braun Series 9 Electric Shaver
We have yet another electric shaver from the Braun brand. The Series 9 shaver boasts of being the world’s most efficient electric shaver. It has 5 synchronized shaving elements that deliver smooth and very close shaves. They also capture more hair with a single stroke. The shaver comes with 2 specialized trimmers that make it easy for you to trim your beard.
- The shaver has the synchro sonic technology with 10000 vibrations
- It has an intelligent auto-sensing motor
- It is equipped with 5 synchronized shaving elements
- The shaver has 2 specialized trimmers.
- The shaver delivers very smooth and levelled shaves
- It has a powerful auto-sensing motor that adjusts according to the hair density
- The shaver has dedicated trimmers that make it easy to trim your beard
- The shaver can easily pick low lying hairs.
- The shaver makes a lot of humming noise. Some people may find the noise rather annoying.
The Braun Series 9 electric shave seems to be a top of the range shaver. The performance of the shaver does not fall far from the claim that it is the most efficient. All the features point at a very efficient electric shaver. It is arguably the best electric shaver that we have in the review.
8) Philips Norelco 4500 Electric Shaver
The Philips Norelco 4500 is yet another fantastic machine from Philips Norelco series. The series is renowned in the electric shavers’ realm. It has dual precision heads that are designed with slots and holes. These slots and holes help to quickly and comfortably shave both long and short hair. The shaver can handle both dry and wet hair. It has an aquatic technology.
- The shaver has dual precision heads
- It has Aquatec technology for wet hair
- The shaver has an integrated pop-up trimmer
- The precision head have holes and slots
- The precision heads can easily pick up hard to reach hairs
- It can comfortably handle wet or dry hair. This means you can add gel to your beard for extra skin protection
- The pop-up trimmer is great for trimming sideburns and mustache.
- The shaver delivers a very smooth and close shave.
- The shaver’s battery dies after a while. Battery replacements are not readily available.
- You need to replace the shaving heads frequently.
The Philips Norelco 4500 seems to have an above average performance. It does not have the best performance among Philips Norelco shavers, but its deliverables are acceptable. The price of the shaver is favorable too. It is most certainly a great option if you are on a compressed budget.
9) Braun Series 5 Electric Shaver
We encounter yet another Braun shaver, the series 5 further cementing the prowess of the Braun brand, of producing top of the range electric shavers. The Braun series 5 shaver has a skin sensitive technology which protects your skin from abrasions and irritation. It comes with an auto-sensing motor that adapts to the density of the beard very quickly. The shaver comes with an easy to clean charge station.
- The shaver is 100% waterproof.
- It has 8 direction comfort flex
- It has an auto-sensing motor
- It features a one-touch operation button.
- The shaver can easily adapt to the beard density to deliver a clean shave.
- It has a very powerful motor.
- The shaver comes with a skin sensitive technology that ensures no irritation
- It has easy one-button touch operation.
- You can apply water or gel on the beard for skin protection. They shaver is waterproof
- The shaver is very noisy. Many will find the noise annoying.
The Braun Series 5 lives up to the good reputation of the Braun electric shavers. It has good power levels and a clean and smooth shave. It can easily reach hard to reach hairs, and it is waterproof. These features form a larger part of the most fundamental features of electric shavers. This shaver should not miss at the top of your list of options. This is the best electric shaver for sensitive skin.
10) Panasonic ES81035 ARC 3 Electric Shaver
The Panasonic ES81035 ARC 3 is not very different from its siblings on the review. It comes with 3 ultra-sharp blades. It is fitted with a linear motor that delivers amazing power levels. The shaver delivers an impressive 13000 cuts per minute.
- The shaver has flexible pivoting
- It has a pop-up trimmer
- It comes with a 10-stage LCD
- It has 1-hour charge time
- The shaver has a powerful motor
- It can comfortably handle both dry and wet hair
- The shaver has a long battery life
- The pop-trimmer helps trim beard edges.
- The shaver is not able to adjust to denser hair. If you have very dense hair, you might have a challenge using the shaver. You may need to apply more pressure.
The Panasonic ES81035 ARC 3 seems like an above average electric shaver. It has all the basic features expected on a great electric shaver. It does not fall very far from the best electric shaver available. It has long battery life and can deliver a smooth, close shave for less dense beards. If you don’t nature a dense beard, this shaver most likely not disappoint.
11) Philips Norelco 3900 Electric Shaver
The Philips Norelco 3900 is yet another masterpiece from Philips Norelco series. The shaver has 8-directional flex motions. It boasts of shaving 30 percent closer to the skin. The shaver has a smart system that helps it adapt to the contours of your face and the density of your beard.
- The shaver can handle both dry and wet hairs.
- The shaver features a smart system
- It has five length settings
- It comes with a beard styler.
- The shaver has a powerful motor.
- You can use gel or water while shaving. The shaver can handle wet hairs.
- The smart system helps it adapt to your face contours and hair density
- The beard styler is very effective in beard edges trimming.
- This shaver has a motor that makes humming sounds. The noise may be annoying to some people.
The Philips Norelco 3900 is yet another shaver that is worth your money. The shaver delivers an impressive close shave. It has good power levels and skin-protective features. It has most of the features synonymous with a great electric shaver. The shaver deserves your consideration if you are considering getting one soon.
12) Braun Series 7 Electric Shaver
The Braun Series 7 is yet another masterpiece from the Braun series. The shaver has an intelligent sonic technology. The technology aids the blades to adjust according to your facial contours and beard density. The shaver cuts hair as short as 0.05mm. The shaver is easy to clean and hence convenient.
- The shaver has an active lift trimmer
- It has an Opti-foil blade system
- The shaver is 100% waterproof
- It features an intelligent sonic technology
- The shaver can lift hard to reach hairs
- It delivers a very smooth and close shave
- The shaver is easy to wash
- The active trimmer is very resourceful in trimming beard edges.
- The shaver has a noisy humming sound. Many people may find this sound noisy.
The Braun Series 7 does not seem to disappoint in any aspect. The intelligent system is a great feature. It greatly reduces your chances of getting skin irritation. The synergized foil and blades give you a perfect shave too. It is one of the best shavers we have in the review.
13) Braun Series 3 Electric Shaver
We have yet another Braun electric shaver, the series 3. The shaver features the micro comb technology. The technology helps the shave to capture and feed more hair to the blades with each swipe. It has a triple action cutting system.
- The shaver has a double sensor foil
- It has a middle trimmer
- It is 100% waterproof
- It uses NI-MH batteries.
- The shaver allows you to put water or gel on your beard for extra skin protection
- It delivers a smooth and close shave
- It has a long battery life
- The middle trimmer is great for trimming edges.
- The shaver will require battery replacement after a while. These replacements may not be readily available.
The Braun Series 3 lived up to the good reputation of the Braun series of shavers. The shaver delivers amazing close shaves. It has almost zero chances of causing skin irritation too. The convenience offered by the shaver is exactly what you would expect from a great shaver.
14) Remington F5-58000 Electric Shaver
It would be a shame if we completed the review without mention an electric shaver from Remington. The Remington F5-58000 is a very versatile electric shaver. It offers you an option of their using it while corded or Cordless. It has a five-minute quick charge functionality. You can quickly charge it for a single shave in case it was out of charge.
- The shaver has 2 hours charge time
- It has 60 minutes cordless runtime
- It has multi-flex pivoting
- It features the intercept shaving technology
- The shaver has a strong motor
- It delivers close shaves even for long hairs
- The corded or cordless choice offers amazing convenience
- It has good battery life.
- The shaver lacks a trimmer. Trimming beard edges with it might prove a difficult task.
The Remington F5-58000 seems like a fantastic option for a shaving machine. The machine delivers impressive shaves and has great convenience. The choice allowance between corded and corded is a particularly desirable feature. You can just plug in the shaver if it has no charge.
15) Philips Norelco 1250X/40 Electric Shaver
Lastly, we review the Philips Norelco 1250X/40. The shaver is not very different from the other Philips Norelco shavers we have looked into. The shaver has a gyro-flex 3D face contour sensor. The sensor also comes with the Aquatec technology that allows it to work on wet hair.
- The shaver has a pop-out trimmer
- It has Aquatec technology
- It has ultra-track shaving heads
- The shaver features gyro-flex 3D face contour sensor.
- The shaver can easily adjust to your face contours
- It captures hard to reach hairs easily
- The shaving tracks deliver a smooth and close shave
- The shaver allows you to wet your chin for extra skin protection
- The machine is noisy. The motor has annoying humming noises.
The Philips Norelco 1250X/40 is one of the best electric shavers from the Philips Norelco series. The shaver has all the trademark features of a great shaving machine. It is among the best we have in the review. It qualifies to be one of your options if you are looking for a shaving machine. This could arguably be the best shaver for men.
Best Electric Shavers 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above should give you’re a clearer picture of what a good electric shaver entail. The electric shavers featured above are all great in different capacities. Some are better than others though. When you pay for one, the aim is to get an electric shaver that will serve you efficiently and for longer. As such, you need to consider several factors before settling on any particular electric shaver. The factors are:
- Beard Density
The density of the beard you intend to shave should be a central determinant of the electric shaver you need. A dense beard requires a shaver with more power. A less powerful shaver may not deliver good shaves. Similarly, a less dense beard requires a less powerful shaver. You run the risk of skin abrasion and irritation if you use a powerful shaver on very short hair.
- Battery Life
Most of the shavers we have looked into above use batteries. The battery life is therefore very important. You don’t want a shaver whose battery can last over a single shave. Battery replacements should also be an issue of concern. You need to ensure the battery replacement of the shaver you choose are readily available.
These shavers come with various accessories to make you shaving sessions more convenient. The trimmer is an important accessory in any shaver. The shaver needs to be waterproof too, to allow you to use water or gels on your chin for skin protection. Such shavers are easily washable too. You need a shaver that is easy to use. Not one that complicates the process more.
The price is always a major factor whenever you are buying something. You should always strive to get value for the money you pay. Therefore, take time to compare the different shavers that are within your budget and find out which has more value for your money. The shaver may be similar but have different prices.
The electric razor reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited electric shaver. Getting the best electric shaver should no longer feel like such a difficult task. The review is very long though. You may not be able to recall all the details in it. As such, below is a summary table of all the electric shavers featured. The table contains the features, pros, and cons of the shavers.